Make a new web...
- Unzip the web package.
- Look for the MAD Relaxing web folder
- Copy this folder to your "My Webs" directory.
- In FrontPage, go to File > Open Site (or Open Web) and browse to this folder to begin editing your site.
Preview your new web
- Click on any page and go to File > Preview in Browser.
- Click on Internet Explorer and click Preview.
- A browser window will open with your new web.
- Preview the pages of the web and decide which pages will be in your site and how many new ones you need.
Modify your new web
- Add new pages - Open a page that has the layout the way you want it, then go to File > Save As. Save the page with a new name. Be sure to save the page title as well. Then go to Navigation View and drag your new page into the navigation structure.
- Rename existing pages - If you would like to use an existin page but want to rename it, you can easily do this in Folders View. Right-click on the file name and/or the page title and choose "rename" to rename your file.
- Delete pages from your web - Right-click on the page you want to delete in Folder View (or in Navigation View) and select Delete.
- Add your content - This template consists of tables and it is very important that you do not accidentally drag any edges. This will freeze the page so that it is no longer sized properly. You can delete our filler text and replace it with your own.
- Add your site name - Open the "include-header.htm" file. Make the text changes you want and save the page. Your changes will be in effect on all of your pages.
- Edit the copyright information - Open the "include-footer.htm" file. Make the text changes you want and save the page. Your changes will be in effect on all of your pages. (Note: You may not delete our credit link.)
- Edit the Navigation Menu - Open the include_mainnav.htm page. The navigation links are set as a simple definition list which is styled in the CSS file.
Publish your web...
- Go to File > Publish Web.
- Type in the URL of your web site (example: http://www.yourname.com). If you do not wish to overwrite an existing site, but simply would like to test it, publish to a subfolder like this: http://www.yourname.com/testweb/
- Type in your username and password when prompted.d. If you are publishing to a new folder, FrontPage may prompt you to create a new web. Select OK.
- Click Publish. FrontPage will publish your web. When completed, you will be able to view your published site.